Thursday, April 19, 2012

Story driven by Passion

Do you want a storyline for your RPG map-in-the-making?

I do write stories... Tell me what the story would be about and I will write it.

Here's what I want for me to be able to write to you a storyline:

-the length of a storyline(would it be short or it would be 'epical'?)

-what the storyline would be about(The better the idea, the more passionate I would become)

-the kind of stoyline(optional)(for example, romantic, tragedy, epic, comedy, etc.)

-your e-mail(So that it would be private)

-After I have written it and sent it to you, don't forget to include credits!

I might take a long time writing it due to the following reasons:

-busy taking up lessons

-trying to think up about a story that would inspire all

-much requests were made

So, don't complain about getting the story after a long time(I assure you that it won't be that long, but try to be patient, for it might take weeks or a couple of months for me to write)...

e-mail me at shadow_valor@yahoo.com and let's see what I can do for you...

Spammers, beware, I WILL burn your house and take your computer away into the abyssmal space of darkness...|||You know that you put a space after commas, right?|||There. I was hungry when I posted it and I didn't noticed it... Sorry! Okay. thanks for correcting me... But is it that important?|||Well, you seem to do that in every single post you make.|||Anteep, stop being a smartass. As he said, is it really that important?|||If you write stories, it is very important. He also spelled epic as "epical" which isn't even a word. I wouldn't trust this guy to EVER write a story for my maps.|||Thanks, Beta4. I couldn't thank you enough. You have a sense in looking at other people's mistakes.

As for you, Arcnite, I really made up the "epical" word. A writer has some special tools to use aside, not to limit himself with only the ordinary words and letters around him, he gets creative with words... And as such, as the rock my will has been, I stand like a post, with my light not turning off... Though, to let you know, I feel like not continuing this thing in the forums anymore... Happy now? Everyone makes mistakes, even Rowling, try writing a lot of times with full content. You'll know what I mean. That's what editors are for, searching for the misspelled words in a story...

I just downloaded and played your map, Arcnite... You have some misspellings as I have seen. Instead of "Apparition", you used "Apparation". Instead of hitpoints, you used "Hiptoints". See, even you make mistakes.|||First off, it's 1)ark_NiTe. not Arc. Anyways, it is spelled Apparation from the Harry Potter books, not from the word apparition. Apparating and seeing an apparition are two completely different things. And I suppose this is an example of her making up the word "Apparate" how you made up the word "epical", but still. And about "hiptoints", in my defense, I am dyslexic so I tend to mispell quite often. Where was this mistake though? I don't recall seeing it in any of the hints.

p.s. I am a writer, and I am in the middle of writing a novel. I know about writing.|||Okay, okay... I won't speak anymore of this... This might become an argument like Ackiro's was... To stop all of this, I apologise, 1)Arknite... Not that I've already given up, but I see this being pointless in continuing.|||If you still don't get it, the 1) is supposed to represent a "D".

So it's "Dark (K)ni(gh)t"

With an extra "e".

Ok.|||Why do you people have to start an argument when none is wanted?

Shadowsong only wanted to offer some help, and all you people do is point out mistakes, and not in a kind way, either. Believe it or not, not all people have english as their primary language, and not all books are written in english, so some spelling mistakes tell nothing about ones talent for writing.

1)arkNiTe, the fact that you're writing a novel does not mean it's a good one, and that you have talent, or know anything about writing, and in fact it means nothing.

Pyritie, I personally consider elite speech stupid and pointless.

If you're gonna flame anybody, flame me, not Shadowsong, for I am the one arguing here, Shadowsong only wants to help.|||Quote:






View Post

And about "hiptoints", in my defense, I am dyslexic so I tend to mispell quite often. Where was this mistake though? I don't recall seeing it in any of the hints.




Like, for example... the word misspell is misspelled in the above quote. It seems a bit hypocritical to me to hop all over someone's spelling or grammar when you have a disability that causes you to make the same sort of mistakes.

If everyone could just try to keep your comments civil, please. Three-fourths of the posts in this thread are off-topic and I really don't want to close this thread or babysit it to make sure people don't get out of hand.|||Quote:






View Post

Like, for example... the word misspell is misspelled in the above quote. It seems a bit hypocritical to me to hop all over someone's spelling or grammar when you have a disability that causes you to make the same sort of mistakes.

If everyone could just try to keep your comments civil, please. Three-fourths of the posts in this thread are off-topic and I really don't want to close this thread or babysit it to make sure people don't get out of hand.




Thanks, CHUNK. When you said those, I got hit too, and the resolve to change(I was a perfectionist) got greater. Really, thanks. And the second statement? That's exactly what I pointed out earlier in my post, to stop all of this and prevent any argument from happening again.|||"Mispell" is missing one s. It is essentially correct. Using commas where they are unnecessary and creating your own word, such as "epical" when meaning to say "epic" is not. I'm done.|||Doesn't change the fact that the topic of the thread isn't "what's wrong with shadowsong's story-writing techniques", does it?

The point of my post wasn't to suggest that grammar or word choice wasn't important - nor to pick over the spelling mistakes of every post on the forum - it was to suggest that people consider posting things that are on topic. If you have a problem with shadowsong's writing technique, recommend that they read Strunk & White's Elements of Style and move on.

If you want to start a new thread in the story-writing or off-topic sections of the forums with the topic title "how important are elements of writing style and correct grammar to effective storytelling" where you can discuss these matters to your heart's content, no one is stopping you.

No comments:

Post a Comment