Saturday, April 21, 2012

Searching for a team for my project

I didn't find anything against these type of threads in the faq, but I'm pretty sure someone once said they were ok.

Anyway, my campaign project is dying. Which is bad, because it might be one of the best campaigns ever made if finished (that's what I've been telling myself and my friends, anyway). With that in mind, I'd sooner fall myself than watching this project die without a fight.

I had a nice team but they all vanished without a trace. So now I'm looking for a new team, one that is actually devoted this time.

So what is this project then, you might wonder.

It's called Survivors of the Cataclysm (SotC for short).

It's a TFT campaign that is set in Draenor after Beyond the Dark Portal, and tells how Magtheridon came to rule and how the Orcs surived.


Quote:










At the end of the third war, Ner�zhul opened multiple portals to other dimensions. However, the portals energies were to much for Draenor to handle. When he left, he left Draenor dying, ripped apart by the portals cataclysmic powers.

In the midsts of the chaos, upon the open seas, ogre warlord Kartaras and his elite were on their way to join in the battle against the humans. Among them were Bonethirst, Kartaras' most trusted warrior and respected blademaster.

The huge tidal waves caused by the cataclysm sunk their ship, killing everyone on it except Bonethirst, who with extreme luck somehow manages to get to shore.



You follow the blademaster Bonethirst. He wakes up after the Cataclysm in the dead world. He soon finds other orcs, and together they struggle to survive. But they have plenty of enemies, and their lust for battle seems to be fading.

Just when they are at their darkest hour, the pitlord Magtheridon comes along. He promises life and power to the Orcs.

But Magtheridon is not sure if the Orcs are worth his effort. They betrayed the legion by aiding Ner'zhul and his cause. He offers them a last chance to prove their loyalty and strength.

But there are many dangers standing in the way of the the Orcs redemption:

The Draenei, who hid beneath the surface and who the Orcs thought were exctinct were drawn out by the cataclysm. Their hate for the Orcs and what they have done to the world has grown endless, and they do not intend to share what is left of the world with them.

The Undead also want to claim Draenor. Those who didn't survive the Cataclysm have been raised by Teron Gorefiend and his Death Knights, who holds Draenor in a tight grip.




so yeah, that's the story. The above might not be the best written beginning to a campaign you've read, but I chose not to make it much longer since the important events goes on in the campaign, not before it.

Well, since you're still reading, I'm hoping you're interested. Here's what we need:

Terrainers. Very important. The campaign is set in Outland, so you should be able to work on that tile.

AI makers. Very if not extremely important. You should be able to make AI for custom races, since those are in the campaign.

Spell creators and Triggerers. The last spell creator/Triggerer left most of the spells finished, but some still need to be made.

Question: Can't you finish the campaign alone?

Answer: No, I can't do JASS, AI and I terrain to slow.

I myself am making the story, the cutscenes and some terraining. The first two maps are almost finished (there will be nine playable and four cutscenes)

Well, thank you for listening. I hope you feel like joining, if so then just type.|||Euhm, I would like to help out, and I have some time, but I can't give you all the time I have (But that might be more then most ppl could give you with ALL there time.) Well I will prolly hear from you if you want me to help.

This is what I can do:

Triggering (I have done some spells and it isn't to hard I think, also I can do other triggers, BUT I can't do JASS)

Cut scenes (I am quit good with these, if I may say it myself)

Well and I can just do general things and stuff, I am quit multifunctional (although I think you would want somebody else to do the terrain ;))|||can you do AI? AI and terrain is the most important right now, since I can't do AI and I can't terrain 13 maps myself.|||Euhm, well I never did it, so I can't say that I can.|||I killed Gorefiend whilst assulting the Fortress of Shadowmoon in The Heart of Evil (one of the BtDP missions). He was standing beside some burning Runestones close to the Fortress, surrounded by flying Deamons wielding flaming demon blades, and he cast Death Coil on my Paladins, which hurt one and killed another. Then my Paladins proceeded to smash the twisted body of the once valient Azerothian Knight, in order to give his haunted soul the rest it desired...

I think you should find someone else....sorry...|||Quote:








I killed Gorefiend whilst assulting the Fortress of Shadowmoon in The Heart of Evil (one of the BtDP missions). He was standing beside some burning Runestones close to the Fortress, surrounded by flying Deamons wielding flaming demon blades, and he cast Death Coil on my Paladins, which hurt one and killed another. Then my Paladins proceeded to smash the twisted body of the once valient Azerothian Knight, in order to give his haunted soul the rest it desired...

I think you should find someone else....sorry...




wait, are you saying I should I find another member besides you or another leader of the undead race?


Quote:




another member




ok, then


Quote:




another leader of the undead race




no, according to my source, the fate of Gorefiend is uncertain. This campaign is built in the uncertainty that has no story covering it, so he being in works perfectly. In fact, it's pretty important not to remove him.|||Who is your source?|||I can't tell you. I've probably already said to much, anyway.|||didn't maghteridon die??|||yes, in warcraft 3 TFT. This is set after warcraft 2, 20 years before that event.

so, is anyone interested?|||Quote:








I can't tell you. I've probably already said to much, anyway.




Hmmph...anyway I verified the issue; there doesn't seem to be anything that supports his continued existance or his demise...|||oh.. sorry.. didn't get it well at the time i read it

No comments:

Post a Comment