Saturday, April 21, 2012

Looking for a mapmaking team~!

* * *

I'm making a multiplayer map that connects with other maps through use of a save-code. Each map is started from a template, which has all the Heroes, Units, Items, Triggers, Variables, etc. in them. They utilize a common save code, so you can play different maps I make with the same character.

It seems like a complicated project, but it all depends on the template. Once that's finished, making maps isn't difficult at all.

What I'm aiming for is a Colloseum. Since you can import your character into any of the maps I make, you can play different campaigns and styles of maps. So basically you can go into the Colloseum to challenge people, but can also go into RPGs with just your friends to level up and find new equipment to bring into the Colloseum. Interestin', yeah? Read on!

* * *

Needed -- Triggerer: intermediate+ level experienced with Custom Script and GUI.

I'm planning on having over 30 hero abilities to give the players a good selection. Some of those will be passive abilities, some will be active, and some of those will have to be trigger-spells~

The tricky part is the save-code. I'd like it to include items, Hero-level, current exp (if possible), current resources, and current abilities. I also need this save code to restore unit-upgrade status.

In order to reduce cheating, I would also like a code that prevents users from playing the map in singleplayer.

The template needs a Hero-select where you can punch in a save-code or start a new hero.

I would also like an item-drop table for creeps, as well as objective-complete triggers that give off EXP and gold for completed quests.

* * *

Needed -- Modeler/Skinner: intermediate+ level who has a talent for art and the tools necessary.

As far as heroes go, there are only 2 models I need (more details later) with matching skins. If the job can be done better with skins alone, so be it~ I also need hero UI portraits.

For abilities and items, I need buttons and icons. I'm estimating around 12-16 of those needed.

* * *

What I'm going to do --

In the Object Manager, I'm creating all of the abilities (trigger-abilities will have dummy abilities), items, heroes, units, upgrades etc. and all their corresponding flavor-text.

Once the template is set, I'll start making the maps. Terraining, dungeon-design, creating quests, cityscaping, creep-placing ... leave it all to me~

Thanks for reading!

-- Mike

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment