Thursday, April 19, 2012

Original Creator Announcing Official Marine Special Forces Sequel for WC3

Hello Everyone,

Executor_CraigX, or Craig Chamberlin here. I originally created Marine Special Forces around, oh wow, was it eight years ago? Anyways, I hadn't anticipated the wonderous feedback I would receive for my creation! My goal was to create a game that would be composed of everything I found great in a game. Challenge, story and teamwork. It came out to be even better when it was updated by Panzer to SE. Well, I'm pleased to announce the sequel to this great game. I will be posting this announcement on various forums throughout the net and am excited to hear everyones feedback and ideas.

Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen will take place eight years after the death of Kerrigan and will be played in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. I post this here, of course, because it was originally a Starcraft map. Alas, the editor for Warcraft III gives me far more power, such as character leveling and ability enhancing which will allow for extensive teamwork. All players will still be Marines, still have guns, and possess the ability to gunnage down a ridiculous amount of enemies, yes, the WC3 editor gives me the ability to do this. This is why I was reluctant at first to use the WC3 editor, but have found it will be most adequate!

ChamberLand Gaming Studios has been established as a result of this new project and you can view Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen's progress through the site as well as submit your ideas! I hope that we can deliver to you a sequel worthy of its predecessor!

Visit ChamberLand Gaming Studios Website at: http://cgstudios.blogspot.com/

I hope to hear from you all! I am very excited about our upcoming project. We are currently only in the design stage and very early preliminary development stage. We are hoping for a Third Quarter 2007 Release.

Thanks!

Craig Chamberlin

ChamberLand Gaming Studios|||Announcements about projects go to the Project forum: moved.|||Thanks Chunk! I wasn't entirely sure where to post this one. I should have noticed projects. I hope that I can get some people involved in feedback! Please visit our site to leave feedback on our ideas, we are very excited about this game!|||I liked special forces on starcraft. One thing that got a little irritating was the fact that if you didn't write down what the special, super units were that was listed in the into, then you would get stuck playing a game as a lame unit while others would be out making all the kills. But overall it was a fun map.



One thing that got a bit old was that the farther along you got in the game, the farther you would have to walk back to the heal beacon. In the later part of the game it seemed like you would spend most of your time just walking the distance back and forth in order to constantly heal.

Or was that just the SE version that had all that special unit stuff? I remember a version that was strictly marines. I guess that was maybe the original?|||The original had strictly marines, no special units. What you are discussing is actually the reason behind why I had done that initially. As for the heal beacon, fortunately the world editor for WC3 gives me much more power to create all sorts of solutions to this issue. This will include transportation portals throughout the map that will (of course dangerously and optionally) be activated that can help navigate through the map more efficiently and reach the safe haven for full healing.

Secondly, all marines will now be equipped with an option to use Bio-suit functions to mend their own wounds (with a 5 second Bio-suit recharge delay). This will allow marines to mend wounds during downtime and during battles away from the safe haven. The more points placed in this skill the more efficient the marine can utilize the Bio-suit functions. Healing to full using bio-suit functions will probably take anywhere from 30 to 50 seconds with the recharge delays depending on the skill of the Marine.

DaramothCGS

ChamberLand Gaming Studios

Currently in Development: Marine Special Forces 2: The Dark Queen for Warcraft III

Give Feedback and DL Wallpapers at: http://cgstudios.blogspot.com|||Why not have more heal beacons throughout the map? Kinda like the soul stone in the bonus campaign that can get activated.

No comments:

Post a Comment