Thursday, April 19, 2012

A call for an alliance of minds...

Hey all,

I am currently working on several maps, mainly Hero-adventure maps, and then one map that will change from an adventure map to a defense map (the story line calls for multiple types of quests, one of which is commanding an entire kingdom's army.)

I was hoping a few people would do some map tests with me, and we could make it into a collaborative thing. I've been playing around with Map Editor for about 6-7 good months now - the only thing I am uncomfortable with is making Trigger Variables, which I have NO idea about.

aight, lates people,

send me an email if you wish,

Thomas Eddington

mierdez0423@hotmail.com|||This is off-topic, but shouldn't this be in the project forum? Anywayz, there are some trigger tutorials in the tutorial index that teach a lot such as CHUNK's basic triggering tutorials... To go view them, click my signature "Index" word and browse around the tutorials available... |||wow, and I have found them to be very helpful.

thanks a million! school is currently owning me, which is why I don't post much. but I intend to in the near future...this site is perfect...

TE|||Alright, anyone who cares/has constructive criticism tell me what you think of this:

I have triggers set up for specific abilities used by specific heroes that set off multiple string effects, for example: use Tranquility, then instantaneously give hero Resurrection (no mana needed), use it, and delete it. More powerful moves, basically. I also made a Tornado that I'm trying to turn into a tempest of sorts.



What else, hmm...there's a recall system, and the Hero can set the recall points with an item, simple. The beginning is a survival thing, and then it shifts and you have to manage/organize a dissillusioned kingdom as it is ravaged by sieging [insert any arrrangement of kewl monsters/ghouls/undead here].

I'm not too sure on side quests. The Magnador map has really inspired me to do some kind of an item system with forging/or maybe something like gathering stuff. Who knows.

But yeah, there's a story too. In this one-player map, the user has control of 3 different players, and then as the story progresses the paths of the heroes of these three nations converge, and then they must combine forces to vanquish the coming darkness.

Basically it's going to be a pseudo-RPG story/adventure, and then it will become a home-defense, but then in order to end properly it will go back to heroes. I have also made special new towers, which will correspond to something that I won't discuss now - I first want to see if anyone is interested before I spill all the beans.

So, that is my project thus far. I would greatly appreciate ideas, testers, helpers, or any combination of these. :)

Inspired, anyone? meh?

Best,

Thomas Eddington|||I've been wondering thus far... what is "pseudo"?

Here's a suggestion... How about creating a campaign for all of those? You know how to create one, right? Oh, and do you know about skinning and modeling?|||Quote:






View Post

So, that is my project thus far. I would greatly appreciate ideas, testers, helpers, or any combination of these. :)






I'll be a tester/helper if that's alright. Maybe you could test for my map as well? |||Quote:






View Post

I've been wondering thus far... what is "pseudo"?

Here's a suggestion... How about creating a campaign for all of those? You know how to create one, right? Oh, and do you know about skinning and modeling?




Well, I think the suffix "pseudo" itself means "many," so maybe I didn't choose the best suffix? :D

I am not familiar with making campaigns, or skinning/modeling. I am still pretty green with this. I just sit and figure out how to make triggers work (and I've taught myself a lot) and I just go with the flow.

But yeah, a campaign would be kewler. I really want to put time into this and make it quality. I don't want to be the baby that gets fed everything, so if people know of easy campaign making tutorials, I'm all over them...|||Quote:






View Post

I'll be a tester/helper if that's alright. Maybe you could test for my map as well?




Heck yes, that's the spirit. I'll take all the help I can get!

And I would be more than glad to test your map. If its ready, you can email it to me, mierdez0423@hotmail.com

I gotta give you a synopsis of my story and stuff before you get the map, otherwise it's just gonna be confusing, so lemme know when you're ready, and I'll get that in order.

Best,

Thomas|||Alright, awesome. Just e-mail me at Shadowray_slayer@yahoo.com (friend's old address ) and you can explain to me what the story and such is going to be like. When my map is ready, i'll send it to you for testing.

Also, as mentioned in your first post, I could probably help you out with the variables |||Pseudo. I've already forgotten. Tyr going to the tutorial forums, it might help you with skinning. I'm actually pretty lazy, so I've not checked it out yet. I think that it might help you in your pseudo-RPG adventure map... Of course, that's if you're willing to make it more interesting and original. Two days from now, I might give you the voice(wav) files. If you want the common masses to be able to achieve your maps and save file size, try using less custom sound sets as possible... But, it's okay if you use fully customized sounds. That's just an advice.|||If you don't get how campaigns work, they basically are a series of maps that share the same Imported Files list and Object Data.

If you want, you can open up my campaign (link is in my sig) and take a look around, if you want.

But if you take anything, give me or the person who created it credit! (credits are in the second map, in the trigger editor)|||Pyritie! Good to see you. I was about to tell Eddy(thomas) about you, but you showed up... No need.

@Eddy(Thomas):IDK about campaigns too, so maybe Pyritie can help you in combining maps into a campaign...

No comments:

Post a Comment