Thursday, April 19, 2012

I need your suggestion on a defense map :) Plz Help!

Hey there!

I am currently working on a defense map and I need some suggestion on what you guys would like to see on a defense map like mine. My map is like a castle defense map, but the invading forces are players controlled. The defending forces are supposed to protect the town�s gate in the border of the castle from being destroyed. The defending forces must defend the place for thirty minutes until reinforcement arrive.

Basic Info about the Map

-7 Defending Players

-5 Attacking Players

-If the Defending Players lasted thirty minutes in this battle, they would win.

-If the Attacking Players managed to destroy the gate to the castle�s inner sector, the city, the Defending Players would lose.

-Units� hit points would be very low. Ex: Normal archer would have an amount of hit points of 5, and they would be able to kill weak unarmored unit by 1 shot, that is if they don�t miss.

-There will be no battleship.

-Hero�s stats would be set to permanently stats of ones. (If only I could do that� I think I should be able to set their stats to one and they wouldn�t be able to gain any more stats.)

Now I need your suggestion

My map might be released later this month. I would note it on this thread when I�m done with the beta version. I think you would like it

|||If you need help on the hero stats setting to 1 pm me and I'll tell you howto. Further I once made an map like this, but because it wasn't nearly done and I got bothered with all the balancing etc etc I haven't uploaded it... it however worked with towers that could get you up the castle wall, but you could only come up to the walls if you used an siege tower, you could also blow the gates by using an ability on an unit that then turned non-player controlled and would blow up the gates, but you had to make sure it wouldn't be killed by the units on the towers...

And there was more stuff....

Anyway, the map was fairly good, only there was an dire need of debugging etc etc... If I would make the map again I would prolly start over anyway...

I think the map would be nice to see, but be sure to make it nog massing everything and hoping for the best (although that might be fun as well, but prolly gets boring after some time ;))

I hope I gave you some idea's and/or suggestions.



Greetz,

TheOneNeo||| Hey TheOneNeo,

Your ideas are great. I might try something similar to that; the event to open the gate. Maybe I�m going to try twin siege platform where two enemy siege platforms must occupied two of the main �ladder� spots at the front in order to open the castle�s gate. Too bad I can�t use City Gate (Doodad). My map is going to be in RoC format, but there will be custom ability

Don�t worry; I�ll make my map playable on TFT as well

Well, the stats of the Heroes shouldn't be that hard. I think I might add some stats to the hero after all, but the amount would be very little, ex: 0.25 per level or so.

I am thinking that I should set normal Archer�s hit points to 20. I guess that would solve the huge minimum amount of hit points that I can get from Strength stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment