Thursday, April 19, 2012

blood and magic mod

i have been working on a map that is designed as a mod of a game named blood and magic. i ran into some problems with scripting and i could use help. i could also use a skilled model maker. i do not need a lot of help with stats. i should be able to add models to units with the right information.|||Well I'll be damned! I started on the exact same mod a year ago with plans to start over 3 years before that (my grand project), thinking no one else would know or even want to recreate my favourite RTS. I got most of the tricky triggers done: creating foundations with basal golems, transforming them into other units, adding and removing transformation abilities if the units are within range of a mystic site. I even got a few models done, along with imported midi music (getting midi to work is one of the lesser known secrets of wc3 :D). The system even works in any arbitrary map, without the need of preset units or region (just import the trigger and object data).

However, I'm not very keen on just giving it away, seeing as I spent quite some time getting it to work. The mod is still in its infancy and its one of the projects I was hoping to return to this summer. Here's some screenshots:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...M_Screen01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...M_screen02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...M_Screen03.jpg



I'm currently looking for someone experienced in spells and balancing to create units with the right stats and abilities as well as set the correct bounty. Also looking for modellers and skinners (as you can tell I'm not too good with either and my aim was to have highly detailed beautiful artwork :(, although the temple skin doesn't look too bad) to create the unit models and terrain.

However, if you still feel like continuing with your own version of it, good luck and all the best!|||i can help you with your project if you want me to. what matters is that a mod is made, not who owns the project. i can help with the stats. if you want me to help you can send the map to me on andreasaspenberg575@msn.com and i will see what i can do. your project look a lot better than mine. i started my own project becouse i did not know that there were any others.|||It's not that easy though, the entire map is in jass and contains loads of confusing functions. It is better if I can talk to you directly and tell you how things work. The only easy parts are the unit stats and objects you can alter directly in the object editor like items, but triggered spells will have to be done a little differently.

My hotmail is teal_meld@hotmail.com and AIM is TealMeld.

Alternatively I have a a sub-forum for this at my clan site http://clan-wcm.net (actual sub-forum http://clan-wcm.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100) , although I think you'd need to register or apply to become a clan member to actually see it.|||i am best with the object editor, though i can also do some scripting. i want to test the map if i can. if i can test it i can find out exactly how it is. i have blood and magic installed on my pc and i can also play it in windows xp. though the game is not fully compatible with the sound card that is in my pc. that is a general interplay problem though and not related to the game itself.|||Have you tried using VDMsound as a soundblaster emulator? Personally I use DOSBox, which can properly emulate the sound blaster card. I'll send an older build of the map I used as a demo, it doesn't have some of the models, but its more stable.|||i use dosbox myself just to be able to get sound effects. the music works in windows. the demo have a longer intro than the full version so i use the intro from the demo in the full version. i tested out the map you sent me and it have potensial. this is a list of things that i found to be incorrect. do not take this as criticism becouse i am only being honest. (you may have fixed some of these things already) the research prices is too high. the basal golems have 2 mana while they have in the real game have 10. the stats are all incorrect i believe. the metapod is supposed to have 20 health like the basal golem and 4 armor. the basal golems are supposed to be created instantly.(that is easy to add) it seems that the nymph research is missing. it does not seem to be possible to transform units back to basal golems by the blood forge. now the good parts: the unit costs seem to be correct. the obelisk looks good. the script works well. the map even have music from the real game.(the puzzle palace from the story nuts and bolts.)|||Haha, I do not care about most of those things so early in development, they will all be tweaked later, whats important right now is to get the system right and find ways to implement things like researching more effectively.

Also I am not aiming at a 100% remake of the original, as there are many things that could be added to make the game much more interesting, such as more units and abilities. My original goal for the game was to limit the amount of units used to small armies and continuously upgrade/replace them by searching the map for items and rare artifacts that would change in locations each game.

Also the basal golems in my game continuously give mana, instead of charging to 10, which I found was quite redundant since players would constantly hit the transfer mana button to get the mana as fast as possible.|||what about playing the latest version of the map on battle.net that is if you can host it. i am playing on the european gateway. i will be watching this for answers.|||The demo is multiplayer compatible, but the latest version still has some serious bugs. I hang out on USEast and can't use Europe gateway since my friend uses that (shared cd key). My bnet handle is Teal_meld and I'm on at the moment.|||i got an idea. what if you work on the models and scripting while i work on the stats and possibly spells. after all i know how to more or less perfect the stats. is it ok if i use the scripts and models from your map in my own. you will be listed as the creator of the scripts and models. i tested the map again today and i found a bug in the transfer of mana from the basal golem to the blood forge.(the process that creates the resource used to create units.) it only adds 1 to the total instead of 2. it also seems that the mystical sites is listed as organic, something that makes the repair ability useless. the blood forge do not generate mana. i have one question. how did you get the music from blood and magic. it seems that my project was startet before your project, though it does not matter. my project was startet in the year 2005.|||No its not okay to use the scripts and models in another map. Clearly you have other aims for this mod than I do, and I think maybe its better that we go our separate ways in this.

Good luck on your project.|||if you did not want me to work on your project you could just have written it.

i am willing to give up my project to work on yours. my project is already dead becouse i can not get anywhere with it. you have not written what your aim is so i can not know what you want with it. i can not create the required script or the models myself, and nobody want to help me, becouse a lot of people hate me(that includes my parents). i do have a friend that is a fan of the game but that friend lacks all the required skills and can therefore not do anything to help me. i did not mean to offend you in any way. it would be stupid if 2 people worked separately on 2 version of the same project.

No comments:

Post a Comment